Wednesday, July 30, 2014

An afterthought. A party.

I often wonder, what if I had preserved all the food I have eaten in my life, still delightfully fresh and ready to serve. It would be a riot of tastes and flavours. I would have enough to throw a big dinner party for lots and lots of people. The grand spread, a highly appreciated buffet would get the compliments for the variety it would lay out: North Indian, Bengali, South Indian, Chinese, continental, et al. The desserts section, I droolingly admit, would be dominated by Bengali milk sweets. But the magic of rosogollas, ladykinis, cream chops, malai chops,  sondesh, some of them jol bhora, some kacha, would sure send you in a stupor. The beverages section would leave a lot to be desired, especially the alcoholic kind, but a continuous flow of lemon juice would more than make up. It would also act as a cool digestive to the mega spread one would indulge in. What would your party be like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment